Are zoos good for wild animals?

I am not sure what you are asking here, do you mean do zoos benefit animals in captivity, or animals in the wild? As it happens I think the answer to both is yes.

I have worked in a few zoos and been to plenty more and in a good zoo, animals are long lived and healthy. They have food and water and shelter, get treatment when then are ill and have no fear of predators or parasites. Many people seem to romanticise animals living in the wild as being idyllic but they are all all kinds of nasty things that happen to them on a dialy basis and they have to struggel every day for the basics.

As for those animals not in zoos they still benefit. You only have to look at the number of species that have been svaed in captivity to see that zoos are incredibly important. Many would be extinct were it not for zoos and many others have been reintroduced into the wild, or added to depleted stocks. We can also learn about animals in zoos to protect those in the wild - we can learn how often animls breed or what kinds of foods they need or wahtever and use that to help set up reserves, or breeding programs in the wild to shelter species.