In adaptive evolution, we are each of us undergoing a continual process of evolutionary adaption to our environment at a cellular level.  I'd like to ask firstly, this infers an intelligence, a regulator, so where is this intelligence, where is it located and what is it?  Secondly, is this evolutionary intelligence present only in individuals, or across groups, for example, in the way that a virus can seemingly adapt and evolve en masse?

Ok I'm going to come right out and say it, this sounds like advocation of intelligent design or at least in this case an intelligent regulator? Such an idea has gained a lot of attention in recent years, but has never been considered a serious theory to explain evolution the scientific community, and I would be greatly surprised if you find any of the other experts on the site advocating it either.
Your first statement is incorrect, we are not each undergoing adaptive evolution at a cellular level. Evolution works as a selection mechanism over successive generations, whereby individuals 'most fit' to their environment will leave more offspring than other members of the same species, as such traits will change and adapt over time. The source of this variation which selection can work on, comes about by mutation and genetic recombination in the germ cells of parents. At most you can say that organisms develop mutations at the cellular level throughout their lifetime, but these are mostly completely maladaptive, i.e. developing cancerous cells, the benefits arising from a mutation are always completely by chance, and they are the exception rather than the rule.
Viruses appear to adapt and evolve en masse simply because they divide and replicate at such astonishing speed that a single copy of a virus can produce millions of copies within days. As such they a virus need have only one copy with a beneficial mutation in order for it to spread and replace the original population completely, it is why you keep getting a cold even though you already caught the virus last year etc.
So I would say in a summary that there really does not appear to be any intelligent agent at work in the process of evolution, I recognise this as a contentious issue for many, but it is simply not an issue in science, evolution can be very nicely explained by many well understood natural mechanisms. If you want to read more about the subject there are many excellent books on evolutionary biology, which you can find links to by searching the forum, where other readers have asked for reading material, and please do write back with any more questions.

Alistair then posted again to say

Thank you to Phil Leftwich for his reply, very helpful.  Should clarify that my interest isn't in intelligent design, rather I was thinking of Carl Jung's research and writing on the "Collective Unconscious," and would like to know whether there is any evidence of collectivism in evolution, that is, an evolutionary process that directly affects more than one host?

Hi  there, my apologies for misunderstanding your original post. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with Carl Jung's theories, and certainly from a little background reading I could see multiple ways his writings could be interpreted. Perhaps you could elaborate slightly on what major themes you take from his writings on collective unconscious, and explain your interpretation of the work and I and others might have a better chance of coming up with a decent answer for you. Thanks