I am a 16 yrs. old indian boy in12th standard. I have non medical science but having a deep intrest in wildlife and now i want to become a wildlife expert so tell me what would i do?   I am not able to find any way. help me..........

It depends on what you mean by a wildlife expert. If you mean a professional biologist you should continue with your education, taking further courses such as university degrees to develop your expertise in a particular field. However, many experts in what is sometimes referred to as natural history are people who may work at something completely different, but become expert in a group that they are very passionate about. I know amateur botanists who are better than all of the local professional at identifying plants in the field, and similarly very skilled and talented individuals who are experts at identifying birds, butterflies and fungi, even though during the day they may be teachers or engineers or builders. If you want to become an amateur wildlife expert you need to start learning about some aspect of the wildlife around you, and spend time in the field watching and learning about them. Volunteer work with researchers, clubs such as bird watching clubs, helping out at museums and herbaria can all help to improve your skills and knowledge, but if you want to become an expert this way you will need to be passionately interested in your study group or habitat.

Last edited by Dan Metcalfe (26th Jan 2012 11:14:52)